On the way to the Oregon Coast, last weekend, we drove past this sign on Hwy 34, about nine miles out of
Philomath, Oregon. A quick u-turn was made and we drove over the wooden bridge and entrance to Thyme Garden. I had heard of this garden and never dreamed to visit it with virtually no one else around except the gardeners! There were several people working like crazy to get the last plants in the ground before the opening days event the next morning. (We were told that over a thousand people would come during this two day event)! My husband and I quickly walked around the entire garden, me snapping pictures like a crazy person, oohing and awing over the herbs, ferns, and wild flowers growing along the
Alsea River in a most charming garden. We know how much work a place like this is and truly appreciated every corner of it!

This is an organic garden of the first rate kind! Much thought has been put into the planning of the business with concern for the wildlife and human alike!

There are two green houses packed with plants and many rare herbs that are difficult to find anywhere else.

Wedding are held in the garden and a three day period is given to the parties if they wish.

The river is not large but large enough to sport wild salmon. The family that owns Thyme Garden has worked very hard at building the habitat for returning salmon.

It is simply a beautiful place and one that I will return to soon! Please take a tour of
Thyme Garden web site and see if this a place you would enjoy visiting when you visit Oregon!


This was a good day with a very sweet find in the Thyme Garden!
7 comments:
wow..nice!! and I would like to visit there :P
Oh, I would love to go there...that's my kind of place too! Thanks for taking us along, Julene! :o) ((HUGS))
Lovely photos Flower...
Is Willow there yet ?
Hope you have lots of fun walking, talking and relaxing together!
I so much want to visit the Thyme Garden and am glad you told me about it here.
I do love herbs.
I have a funny thyme story: my husband prepared a delicious meal of homemade spaghetti sauce, and my parents kept asking what is the secret ingredient and he kept answering "thyme".
But they heard "time".
Well, it does sound the same :)
If it weren't so far away, I'd go tomorrow. What a special place.
(I've got to get back to blogging)
What a wonderful place to visit! Loved the pictures. blessings,Kathleen
This is the same place that we ate lunch at one time. It was so good since they brought the herbs to the table in fine foods. I think that it is a fun place
Post a Comment