Monday, May 4, 2009

Natural bug defense....a short story.

A tree is cut down...... the stump catches a few bugs.....

....on its pitch surface.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been reading up on Haiku in preparation for May 11, and the Haiku festival that is planned in blog land. My mind keeps going into Haiku format and even though this is not my entry...it did come out just right! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Julene, I am looking forward to your Haiku post..I would love to do one..but I'll skip, poetry is not something I do well, you may have a headache after reading mine hehe! Arg..bugs and slugs..all not welcome. and HEY, thanks a million for the 'beer' tips, those slugs got drowned in they 'beer fest'...almost the whole bunch of them. I know I sound like a merciless slug stalker..but really, I don't love them one bit, not when they chomp the whole baby zinnias overnight. Ah, my battle of the slugs were quite successful, thanks to your wonderful tip. Ah, well, like you said...a good way to go, at least they had a good drink!! haha...big hugs for the week :D

Willow said...

I'm impressed! I went back and looked and read and checked. Yep. Haiku. Very well done.

ellen b. said...

hee hee...well done.

Tracy said...

That is a great haiku, Julene! :o) Every evocative...I've got haiku on the mind too and having such fun writing them. Hard to choose just one for the festival next week though--LOL! Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))