Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mt. Hood and Mrs. Robin

I have posted about Mt. Hood in the past, and how it is present through-out a days travel in our area. Today was one of those days that required a couple of stops to snap a picture of this majestic mountain! The view here is from the hill top of Oregon City and very near our place of business. The picture was taken about 3 in the afternoon.
This picture was taken in the morning during my walk! The sun had been up for about two hours and the mountain was shrowded slightly by a cloud.
After taking the mountain picture I turned to continue walking, looked up and caught this snap of a Mrs. Robin! She was singing a song that offered great promise for the day!
Here's a close up and a great pose for a watercolor painting!

8 comments:

Willow said...

Mt. Hood always looks so majestic!

Say hello to Mrs Robin for me!

Alexis said...

oh yay, you're back! love that majestic mountain -- it's breathtaking.

Tracy said...

Mt. Hood has a proud, graceful beauty...Your photos are sensational! And the one of the robin WOULD make a great paiting composition! :o) Hope you are having a good weekend, my friend...Oh, and thanks so much for your great cheer at my place...I am very excited about the new things happening just now! :o) ((HUGS))

Lanny said...

It certainly was good mountain viewing weather this last weekend. Mrs. Robin has somehting to sing about for sure.

ellen b. said...

Good morning Flower! I really like your photos. Mt. Hood looks so spectacular sticking out like that and the Robin sat well for you!! Have a wonderful Holy Week!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Mt. Hood is a magnificent mountain. I like your photos especially of the robin. Makes you believe spring has finally sprung.

Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Mt. Hood and love Mrs Robin..though I dont think I can see her here :D

Andrea said...

What a breathtaking view!! Excellent photos!! :)