Friday, September 11, 2009
The rain
The rain came back this week. It has been gone a long time and after our 100+ degree days I vowed to not complain about the cooler weather. Rain is what makes Oregon green, fresh and alive! I can hear the frogs celebrating!
In no time the flowers regain their strength.
The woodlands become lush.......
......and the ferns spring back. These two pictures are in an area of our woods that I call the Cathedral. It provokes a feeling of worship and thankfulness. The canvas that covers the area are large leaf Maple trees. In a short time these leaves will turn golden, fall to the earth and blend into the ground. But, for right now it is still green!

7 comments:
Flower,
I'm so glad you finally got rain to cool off the weater. The photos are so beautiful of the flowers and ferns. Yes, we remember the families who lost loved ones in 9/11. Have a wonderful weekend.
Love your outdoor cathedral...beautiful.
I will never forget that day either...
Summer rain....there is nothing like it. I agree that all of nature including US come alive when the sky opens up and God turns on all the faucets in Heaven. As a child I always believed that....Perhaps I still do?
I hope we NEVER forget what happened that day and for all the right reasons.
Your part of Oregon and my part of Washington are very similar and the rain is what makes them just as you said, lush, green...and so beautiful. Your own Cathedral is beautiful.
What beautiful inspiring pictures! We have also gotten rain this whole week and I can agree with your words on it. Yes, what a very sad day 9/11 was for all of us. blessings,Kathleen
I love the rain...especially at night and morning..just not when I have to go to work :P
"The Cathedral"...that is a perfect name for such a spot...You can feel the Spirit there! Lovely...and how good the rain has washed and refreshed everything... a sigh of relief...Happy Day, Julene ((HUGS))
Post a Comment