Monday, June 1, 2009

Pitter patter and the good news!

Monday's are the best of days for me! My little girls are back to play!
There is a quick hop on the John Deer while waiting for Claire to arrive. We have the day all planned........
...first a morning Popsicle, then.......

......a chance to pick daisies..................

...and a walk out to the garden to see what's up! We find eggplant......

..... pumpkins.........

...beans and.....
.... corn...but what's wrong? Most of the corn has been "beaked" by the crows!! We will replant!

The zucchini looks healthy and is protected by the tire until it is bigger.
Yum...the lettuce is doing very well!

Three rows of zinnia's, cosmos and sunflowers are sprouted! There is a lot of color in those rows just waiting to explode! It won't take long!

We were so happy to have another beautiful day and what do you think happened?

The sky became dark and the roll of thunder could be heard from far off. We rushed to the front porch and the pitter patter began. It hasn't stopped yet.


The rain can be seen behind the roses. They appreciate the big drink of rain water!
The good news is that all the plants are perking up and we won't need to water for a couple of days!!
I plan to enjoy my week with whatever comes, rain or shine!

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh your garden is growing well. The girls are so darn cute. I hope it rained at my house too because I'm sure no one has been watering there! :0)
I love the rainy photo with the yellow roses!! Amen to enjoying the week rain or shine. For me it's bleh or shine...

Unknown said...

WOW! WOW! and more WOW!! It is impossible to have such a large land in the town unless we live far away in the villages. I am again, amazed by the beauty of nature..those vegetable growing - am so jealous. But of course, the best part are the girls..they are so sweet and fun to be with :P and your zinnias and everything else is growing..now that I cant wait to see, esp those zinnias. Will you save some seeds for me when you are done with them..I assume they can't survive winter right? Hugs...M

Paula said...

My goodness, you have a wonderful garden, Julene- even if the crows did get your corn! The roses are gorgeous, too...
Sorry the weather didn't cooperate, but I'm sure you still had a wonderful time!

Lanny said...

The girls look like they are in a story book. Your garden looks very tidy and awaiting its massive growth spurt.

Tracy said...

So sweet...tiny things growing--little girls and seedlings! :o) So great to catch up with you here now we're back--I missed a lot here while we were away. Lovely photos! Oh, thanks for the email--such fun to see you wearing the flower corsage! Happy weekend ahead to you all ((HUGS))

Willow said...

Poor crows. They were hungry, huh?

I'm glad you got rain. We had rain for three days on our truck trip! Safe arrival.